AT THE TOP

Thursday 13 December 2012

I didn't rape girl of 15... I suffer from sexsomnia: Actor claims he was asleep and can't remember attack

An actor accused of raping a teenage girl yesterday blamed it on ‘sexsomnia’, a condition which he claims causes him to have sex in his sleep.
Simon Morris, who appeared in  a film with Michael Caine and in the TV soap Hollyoaks, is alleged to have attacked the 15-year-old after she drank cocktails at a  birthday party.
But the 42-year-old told a jury he  had no recollection of the alleged  rape because he was sleepwalking at the time.
When arrested he initially refused to believe that he had sex with the girl until police presented him with DNA evidence, Cardiff Crown Court heard.
He told jurors: ‘I have a history of sleepwalking, checking my phone, gyrating against door frames and having sex with partners in my sleep. It’s quite embarrassing but I once engaged in sexual activity with a recent ex-girlfriend.
‘I climbed on top of her in the middle of the night in a blank state. I have also had partial sex with my current partner and gyrated against her leg.’

No comments:

Post a Comment